Family owned and operated
Darkes Forest Riding Ranch and Boarding stables 30 min South of Sydney, 30 min north of Wollongong was established in 1971.
For over 40 years our family owned and operated horse riding ranch, set in native bushland is a great place to enjoy a horse ride or a horse riding lesson.
We have experienced ride leaders and instructors that are keen to share their love of horses with people of all ages and experience levels.
There are activities and classes designed especially for children. We also offer lessons for beginners and advanced riders of all ages. We cater for both trail ride and pony ride birthday parties.
We have a kiosk on site, so stay for lunch or have a coffee and read the paper.
We’re open 7days a week, all year round [except Christmas and New Years day] Come and ride with us today.
We offer the following facilities:
DARKES FOREST RANCH & COVID-19
*DUE TO CURRENT GOVERNMENT RESTRICTIONS WE ARE OFFERING 1on1 and small group sessions only. Please call to discuss 0242 943441*
· Increased frequency of cleaning touch points throughout the venue, including pens, tables, horse tack, point of sale, door handles and other areas;
· Hand sanitiser stations have been set up at reception and eating area, and additional stations will be added throughout the Ranch as required;
· Stronger cleaning protocols and workplace hygiene procedures have been implemented;
· Our employees who have travelled overseas recently have been asked to remain at home and self-isolate. No employees will be allowed at work showing flu-like symptoms.
How can you assist?
· We ask that all visitors evaluate their own health prior to visiting the Ranch. If you feel unwell or show any flu-like symptoms, please stay at home;
· Please remain at home if you have recently returned from overseas, as per the Government’s current self-isolation guidelines;
· Please remain at home if you have been in contact with any person who has been diagnosed with, or shown symptoms of, COVID-19.
We encourage all visitors and guests whilst attending the Ranch, to follow the below guidelines to maintain safe hygiene practices;
· Regularly and thoroughly wash and clean your hands for 20 seconds, and utilise the hand sanitiser stations throughout the property;
· Maintain a distance of 1.5m from other guests where possible;
· Avoid physical contact when greeting others;
· Cover your mouth and nose with bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze and dispose of the tissue immediately.